PLANTING SEEDS: WELCOME TO OUR REDESIGNED WEB INTERFACE!
We’re so excited to announce a new look for www.santarosa.edu. We're rolling out a design that will allow our staff to update content more quickly and easily, providing more accurate information to our current and future students.
The design and navigation is based on input from many faculty, students and staff. We’ve studied trends and best practices at numerous college, university and other web sites.
We invite you to explore the new home page. Click tabs and links to see where they go. The simplified menu is designed to make it easier to find what you want, but because it’s new, it may not feel comfortable right away.
PLEASE BE PATIENT!
We’re working to train departments in the new system and bring new sites online as quickly as possible so the entire District will soon have the new look, feel and ease of use. However, older-style pages will live on for a while.
Out-of-date web browsers may not render pages correctly. We recommend that you install the compatible Chrome browser: www.google.com/chrome if you have trouble.
The web site is and will remain an ongoing work-in-progress. Many changes are still to come. Please visit www.santarosa.edu often to see what’s new in the coming months.
BENEFITS OF THE NEW DESIGN
- Responsive design: adjusts appearance for phone, tablet or desktop. Over 50% of our students access our site via their phones and tablets!
- Easier navigation: redesigned rollover and dropdown menus, simplified labels makes it to get where you need to go.
- Updated design: more images and white space, and less text. Our students prefer that and it follows best practices in web design.
- Real time data: with Google Analytics, we’ll be able to better respond to what works (or doesn’t) for our visitors.
- Faster content updates: in the new content management system, departments can update their information more easily.
- A more unified look: Sites will match the District look and feel for a high quality web experience.
- Better search: as more departments move to the new system, our search function will improve greatly.
- Big, bold photos
- Department Spotlight
- Drop-down menus
HELP US CONTINUE TO IMPROVE DISTRICT AND DEPARTMENT WEB SITES
In the coming months, we’ll be gathering and analyzing feedback. We welcome your input.
If you have any concerns, see broken links or problem pages, please contact us.
This form enables us to track all requests, not duplicate efforts, and respond in as timely a fashion as possible.
Ellen Maremont Silver, Director of Communication & Marketing
Scott Conrad, Director of Information Technology
DEPARTMENTS: REQUEST YOUR DRUPAL SITE AT https://it.santarosa.edu/department-web-pages
FACULTY & STAFF: REQUEST YOUR DRUPAL PROFILE SITE AT https://it.santarosa.edu/drupal-faculty-staff-sites